1.05.2011

Nashville on my mind.

Nashville, Tn has been gaining major attention lately! The "hip kids" have moved in and are really shaking up the place and flipping a town that was in serious need of a make over.

Nashville (to me) has always been "the big city" it was the place where we went every year to see the fireworks, and play in the fountains in the Bicentennial Mall on a hot summer day. I was a regular ticket holder at the Repertory theatre, and had countless memories at the old Opryland theme park.

A few years ago when my husband began playing more gigs down along Elliston Place I began to see a new light beginning to shine around town. Nashville was beginning to compete with its trendier, more "experienced" sister cities across the nation and fashion magazines are taking notice.

Back in September Nylon Magazine made a sweep through town, this Fall it was announced that there would be a Lexus sponsored fashion week in April 2011.(Stay with Nashville Fashion Events.com for more on this) And during the holidays Elle.com posted this lovely article on their featuring a blog post from Gwyneth Paltrow on her love for Nashville during her recent stay while filming the movie Country Strong.
It just so happens that some of my Nashville favorites are on the list. The marvelous Ms. Libby Callaway's store Diamond Star Halo inside of Fanny's House of Music is a warm, visual delight! With shades of gold and lit with lamps, it feels so inviting that I took my time looking around at each of the hand picked clothing pieces and jewelry. Just one glimpse at her blog and you can see for yourself this woman brings a unique charm to the East Nashville area.
Katy K's and Imogene+Willie is the present and future of Nashville, and I was so glad to see them on the "list".

Elle.com inspired me to make my own "it-list" of my favorite places around town. Enjoy!

Roberts Western World for true Nashville 'Honky Tonkin'

Closet Case Vintage (inside Katy K's) for great quality vintage clothes

Green Hills shopping area: for Trader Joe's and high fashion shopping!

The Station Inn: an intimate setting for hearing great music

Elders Bookstore: Great place to find older, first edition books, or to just stand in awe, and run your fingertips over all the old covers of books.

And coming soon! (and very excited about!)Mike Wolfe of History Channel's American Pickers will be opening an antique store in the huge, former car factory Marathon Village in North Nashville in April! I've loved this show since episode one and can't wait to have some of the amazing picks from across the country, practically at my back door! (read more about it here)

So do I have you interested yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment