11.18.2010

Today's Special:Leg Warmers


With the cooler days now upon us if you are looking to stand out from all the rest who are wearing tights and leggings, why not try leg warmers?
For years leg warmers have been synonymous with dancers. Long, lean muscular girls with firm calves and flat abs have used leg warmers to...well I'm not really sure the reason for why they wear leg warmers as I have never been one of "those girls". So, how about I give you all the reasons I have recently started wearing them for myself:
  • Necessity: Its cold
  • My distaste for socks: I hate having my feet hot and confined
  • Comfort: They did take some getting used to, but once I did, they have never left my legs
And finally:
  • Style: Of course!
I would first only wear my leg warmers around the house. Then all it took was one cold 'Girls Night Out' for me to slip those suckers on and hit the town! I wore them over my dark denim shredded jeans and a long sweater and flats. Next, for a more casual look I wore them while traveling to St. Louis. I paired them with thin gray sweats, a long cotton cardigan over white tank top and slouch hat and purple tennis shoes.

They can be dressed up I suppose, with a mini skirt and heels, but I would really only recommend that for the 21 and under crowd, for such things are expected of that group.

Then of course there's the classic leg warmers look over thick tights, short shorts, cropped sweater, over a tank top. But if you went there, then you should also probably find a neon colored head band and some bangles....maybe even some blue eye shadow.

Now, of course I wouldn't share my love of leg warmers with you with out showing you where you can go and find your own. And of course I would send you no where else except to Etsy!



Now? Are you still skeptical?

No comments:

Post a Comment